Saturday 13 September 2008

Twenty-year adventure in the Tapajos Gold Mines


When I was still working with Joe Jackson on Thief at the End of The World, when he mentioned that a book about Garimpos would be a good idea. Months later when I was printing my book I bumped on Mr. Elval Rabello's book. It tells his pioneering adventures in the upper Tapajos river. The book is composed of some 18 stories he tells in a laconic and enthusaistic way. I started translating it a month or so into English, so that more people can read such amazing stories. Joe Jackson suggested that we should write his biography based on this very book. It is going all right. Beatiful, I am suspitious but finally another great book about my region and people is coming out. I can hardly wait to get it finished.

No comments: